My Visit to NSCC



















I had a blast visiting the campuses at North Shore Community College! The photo above is of the Danvers campus. This is Carl Carlsen, who is introducing me before my presentation.















This photo is after my presentations at the Lynn Photo. I had the pleasure of meeting NSCC President Wayne Burton (far left) and faculty members from the English Department.

The students asked great questions about writing poems, inspiration, revision, and the life of a poet. I gave four talks over two days, and while I enjoyed it immensely, it was exhausting. I'm not sure if I could teach on a regular basis, but I certainly respect those who do. And thank goodness for community colleges. While the bigger schools get all the attention, there is a range of activities and opportunities happening at the community college level.

Special thanks to Carl Calsen for being such a wonderful host.

Comments

Popular Posts