Under the Tent

I have to come to terms with the fact that I’m just not a night person anymore. I’ve been falling asleep around 9 p.m. and getting up at 5 a.m. *sigh* I’m going to try free writes in the mornings before the kids get up.

****

Working on Big Tent Poetry’s challenge this week of writing about the BP oil spill with this prompt: “I want to write about __________, but I don’t know how.” You can fill in the prompt with whatever.


I’ve been jotting down lines for a BP poem and a summer poem, but I haven’t had much time to work on anything new this week. When I do, I fall asleep. I need to sit in a Starbucks like I need plasma.

****


Have you seen my video for "How to Make a Crab Cake"?

****
In a few weeks, I'm heading off with Jennifer Jean for an overnight writers retreat in Gloucester, MA. There's something about having conversations about poetry and the creative process that sparks me to write. Plus, it's nice to get out of my comfort zone, even if it's just a day. So looking forward to it. More to come.

****


Weekend to-do's

  • Finish two poems
  • Organize manuscript (much different process than revision)
  • Clean desk


Short and sweet.

Comments

Popular Posts