First Buds

I am slowly easing my way back into the world. Looking forward to Saturday so I can sleep in and spend some time with the kids.

****
Join me for a reading on Saturday at the Brockton Library

Saturday, May 21, 3:30 pm
January G. O'Neil and Bert Stern
Poetry Series at the Brockton Library
304 Main Street
Brockton, MA

****

Just finished Meg Kearney's book Home By Now. Really enjoyed it. Love, love, love the poem "First Blow Job." Here are the first four lines:

"Suddenly I knew what it was to be my uncle’s Labrador retriever,
young pup paddling furiously back across the pond with the prized
duck in her mouth, doing the best she could to keep her nose in the air

so she could breathe. She was learning not to bite …"

****

I've been a little lost since the festival, which happens when I let go of big projects. So I'm pulling together recently written poems for revision. I'd like to send my work to a few places over the summer. And I'm also starting to write again. They are drafts, but like spring they are the first buds of something lovely--I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts