10 Random Thoughts the Day Before the Day Before Thanksgiving



1. It's been a while since I posted pictures of the kids.

2. I'm on day 3 of my healthy eating plan, part of my healthy lifestyle plan, which is part of my I-don't-want-to-pay-gym-membership-if-I'm-not-going plan. So far, so good.

3. Think I'll skip tomorrow's gym visit in favor of a Thanksgiving day workout. Now that's something I thought I'd never see myself type. Crazy talk, I tell you. Crazy talk!

4. I'm off from work today because of a very special family occasion. I won't go into too much detail, but having time off will also let me get caught up on a few things such as last-minute turkey-day prep, spending quality time with the kids, and writing.

5. A portion of the day will be spent in the car. Since I'm not driving, I will attempt to write my Poetry Thursday poem in the car. (My inner voice is saying, "Yeah ... good luck with that!")

6. Haven't visited many blogs lately, so I hope to do that over the next few days.

7. Can't believe Thanksgiving is just two days away. And then, the silly season starts in full force.

8. Tim is outside raking leaves. I'm thankful that he likes yard work because I can't stand it.

9. I've been thinking about how much I'm enjoying my life these days. Not every day is a good one, but overall I'm quite happy with what I've been able to accomplish personally and professionally during the year. A big part of that is being able to share my life with y'all in the blogosphere. I love you guys.

10. Today, I will try to say "yes" more than I say "no." See photos for more information.


Comments

Deirdre said…
Isn't it great to have a day off work in the middle of the week? This year has brought gifts for me too, especially this blogging community. These connections are so nurturing.

Good luck with writing in the car. Your little sweeties might have something to say about that. :)
Writer Bug said…
I'm intrigued about your family project! writing a poem about children screaming in the car while children are screaming in the car might be a good idea. :) Happy Thanksgiving!
paris parfait said…
Your children are just gorgeous! Your post made me smile, especially the part about paying for the gym and not going (been there; done that - oh, I mean I didn't do that, even though I paid for it). And I'm right there with you for Number 9! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and safe journey (good luck writing a poem in the car).

Popular Posts