Drowning on Dry Land








I have so much stuff to do I'm afraid to make a to-do list.




This afternoon, I had to take a moment to look up at the sky and "feel the floor." It's an acting technique, I think, but I use it like a mantra when I'm stressed and need grounding. "Feel the floor, Jan. Find your center."




On the plus side, there's a lot of good things coming my way in the next few weeks. If I can focus the important stuff and deal with the minutia, it's all out there waiting for me. Without being too specific, I have opportunities to write articles, teach a class, and get involved with a local reading series--not to mention the AWP Conference and sending out my manuscript.




Also, I had lunch today with Boston Erin. It was fun commiserating with her about the amount of stuff we're doing for our writing careers. She's my writing buddy--don't think I could get through manuscript revisions without her. Thanks E! Truth is, we wouldn't have it any other way. We're better off busy than not. Besides, she and I are Aquarians--not sure what that means but it definitely means something.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like you have a lot of interesting things "in development," as they say in Hollywood. And how wonderful to have a writing friend with whom to commiserate/cheer each other on. Like you, my current "to do" list is too scary to consider - so am trying to do the one thing at a time bit (my moon is in Aquarius, btw, although I'm a Virgo). I'm sure you'll manage to cope with everything going on and I look forward to reading more about your new projects. Hooray for you, Miss Future Poet Laureate of the US! xo
claireylove said…
i might only be an aquarian/ piscean cusp but i know about nigh on impossible to-do lists!

good luck with all your plans - i've got faith in you and your writing, kid ;-)
Anonymous said…
Having lunch with you always gives me some much-needed grounding and perspective.

This is OUR YEAR, fellow Aquarian! Daunting to-do lists, look out!

(and hey, if we ever need a laugh, we'll do another photo shoot in the supermercado)

Popular Posts