1. Poetry Goals
- Write a poem a week/52 poems
- Revise and send out manuscript for publication
- Publish poems in 8 journals/reviews/Web sites
- Read 12 new poetry books this year, 6 by poets I haven't read before
2. Fitness Goals
- Drop 8lbs
- Take up tennis again. (I used to play when I was younger)
3. Learn How to Swim. Okay, this one could be a fitness goal but I think it's important enough to elevate to a separate goal. I can't even open my eyes underwater; I get weirded out just thinking about it.
4. Join a Church. I grew up Catholic but lost touch with the church. Now that I have kids, I hope to give them the structure and community support a good church can provide. But my husband and I have to find a sect that we both like. Doesn't have to be Catholic, just a religion that speaks to us. If we're going to devote hours a week then the priest should be engaging.
5. Save $100 a Month. Tim turns 40 in a few years and I'd like to be able to take him on a trip. I need to start saving now so I have some options.