NYC: Memorial Reading for Phebus Etienne



Come celebrate the work of the poet Phebus Etienne, dear friend, graduate of the NYU Creative Writing Program, and Cave Canem Foundation Fellow, who passed away in March.


Reading Phebus' poems are her friends Sarah Gambito, Aracelis Girmay, Joseph O. Legaspi, Vikas Menon, Dante Micheaux, Khalil Murrell, Mendi Obadike, January Gill O'Neil, Gregory Pardlo, Evie Schockley, & R.A. Villanueva

Memorial Reading for Phebus Etienne
Friday, September 14, 7 p.m.

Lillian Vernon Creative Writers House
58 West 10th St. (between 5th and 6th Aves.)
New York City
http://www.cwp.fas.nyu.edu/docs/CP/96/ReadingSeriesCalendar.pdf

Reception to follow

Comments

I hope it goes well for you, January...I remember when you wrote about your dear (and talented) friend.
Love,
D.
January said…
Thanks Delia. That means a lot to me.
Goodnight, Mom said…
Jana,

I'm so sorry I can't make it up for the tribute. As you know, I was so awfully fond of Phebus. She was such a joy to be around. I loved her laugh so much.

-K
January said…
Thanks Kristi. We know you're there in spirit.

Popular Posts