Taking a page out of Carolee’s book, I’m sharing a few confessions with you on this Tuesday evening.
1. Day 13 and I am NaBloPoMo-ed out! Well, I’m not keeping up with the poem a day thing. I knew once I got a day behind it would be hard to catch up. There’s a part of me who wants to get back on pace, but often I stay up writing until 1 a.m., only to get up at 5 a.m. to go to the gym. The upside is that I'm writing poems again.
2. That being said, catch-up poems #8 and #9 (coming soon) are lame. I know. I get it.
3. Last night, Tim got a black eye playing basketball. Poor baby. When you look at him straight on, his eye is so purple he looks like he’s wearing eye shadow.
My son and I have a hard time not laughing at his new look. Poor baby.
4. Also, I’m late on putting up NEWS poetry series photos. Will do that tomorrow.
5. I have been sending poems to journals, six online and print journals in the last two weeks. This time around I’m swinging for the rafters, meaning that I’m sending to some big deal journals to see what happens. Why the heck not? Might be fun to get rejected by the New Yorker. *smile*
6. OK. Truth be told, I’ve been distracted with some extremely good news … one I’m hoping to reveal next week!