Tuesday, November 25, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things


Have not posted a photo in a while, so here I am at goofing off at Starbucks.
Here's a roundup of a few of my (new) favorite things.

****
Check out the Poetry Foundation's podcast featuring poet Elizabeth Alexander, as she discusses poetics and our newly elected president.

****
YA author (and blogger extraordinare) Erin Dionne has an interview at Fumbling with Fiction. Be sure to leave a comment!


****


(Thanks to C. Dale Young for the link.)

Typealizer analyzes your blog's personality. Here's what it says about Poet Mom:




ESTP - The Doers

The active and playful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities. The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.





I took the Myers-Briggs test a few years ago and had the same breakdown. No pretenses here--I am my blog.

6 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

I'm also a doer, according to that test, but the description doesn't fit me at all.

January said...

My description is accurate, except for the part about physical outdoor stuff.

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Here's wishing a happy Thanksgiving to you and yours tomorrow!

Catherine said...

I got exactly the same description, and it is absolutely not me - I got quite different results a few years back with the Myers-Briggs test. I was very suspicious about how quickly it came back with an answer, it didn't seem long enough to download and analyze a sample of the blog's writing.

I'm quite happy sitting still and daydreaming, procrastinating etc !!

Ananda said...

starbucks is a great place to hangout and write.

January said...

Hi Ananda! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Yes, Starbucks is the one luxury I allow myself even though I'm cutting back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails