Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time to fess up! Also, I need to update the participants list (aka The Confessional). If you are a regular, be sure to let me know so I can add you to the list.



My mom needs surgery in a few weeks, so I will be flying home to Virginia just after my birthday. Without saying too much about it, she’ll be better after surgery so for now please keep her in your thoughts for me.

I’ll be away from Tim and the kids for almost a week, which will feel like forever. We’re in the process of reworking schedules and getting extra hands in place. But it will all be fine. It will all work out. It always does.

****



I’m glad the month of January is over. Of course, February is no better and not any warmer. In fact, it’s snowing now. Winter sucks.

****

Despite the above news, February is shaping up to be a busy month. Lots of poetry readings and fun events filling the calendar. Saw Sam Cornish read last night, and will see Tom Sleigh at Babson in a few weeks. And then there is my birthday. More on that later.

****

Got an acceptance from ouroboros review and a rejection from Willow Springs. (W.S. did send along a hand-written note. Cool.)

****

Last three things I looked up in Wikipedia:
· hermetically sealed,
· Ponzi scheme
· crenellated

I know of all the words but I didn’t understand exactly what a hermetic seal is, or who Ponzi was, or how to fit crenellated into a poem. Now I know. Thank you, Wikipedia.

****


Last song played on iTunes: “Notorious” by Duran Duran.

Comments

susan said…
Hey January,

I'm a February baby, (2/9). Share my birthday with Alice Walker. How cool is that? I'll be in sunny San Diego spending time with my adult kidlet.

It makes sense we have so much in common, we're both Aquarius.

Have a safe trip. Holding your mom in prayer.
good thoughts for your mom.

My mum is also having surgery on the 9th.

Willow Springs just must have sent out rejections because I rec'd one yesterday.
Anonymous said…
I confessed!

Also, I'm sending positive energy (and/or prayers -depending on which you prefer, I can do both) to your mom.
Maya Ganesan said…
I'm writing a confession. I seem to be doing a lot of that lately. :)

Perhaps becasue January was not a good month for me, and because February isn't looking much better. In fact, I'm missing an event in a half hour because I'm just too loaded.

I'm considering ouroboros...been looking at the site & submission guidelines lately. Perhaps I will try my luck there.

And I love Duran Duran, by the way.
chicklegirl said…
Ah, Duran Duran! (the junior high flashbacks are coming fast and furious...)

Blessings to your mom. And to you, for a good birthday!

And though I've taken a break, I'm back in the booth.
January said…
Welcome back, CG! I've missed your presence in the blogosphere.
January said…
Maya, I hope February is full of surprises for you--fun, unexpected surprises that take your breath away.
January said…
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words about my mom. I really do appreciate it.

Kelli, I'm sending good vibes your way for your mom. Deep breaths and hugs.
Deb said…
Oh. Gosh. Lots of good thoughts for you & your mom (& hubby & kids whilst you are away).

Ha. Crenelated. Dana & I had a collaboration with that word. It *floundered* (a pun because there was lots of sea stuff in it) but I liked it very much. See V here:

http://thepoetrycollaborative.org/2008/11/09/dream-sequence/

(When you have time. Which you don't, not with travel and all.)

Hugs~

Popular Posts