Here are the questions I previously asked, with a few revisions now that we have a new president in office. But think of this as a jumping off point. The goal is to start a dialogue. Feel free to address one or all of these questions at any time, or add your own to the mix.
- As a creative entity, how is the recession affecting you?
- Has the downturn affected how you write and what you write about?
- Are you making choices on how you spend your money (new poetry books vs. paying bills)?
- Has the downturn changed how you enter contests, or look for grants and sources of funding?
- Has the downturn changed how you submit poems/manuscripts for publication, given the cost of postage and reading fees?
- Has the current state of your state led to opportunities? Have you found a silver lining?
- How are you doing in general? Are you OK?
In about an hour, I'm flying to Virginia with the kids to see my parents for Mothers' Day. So I don't have time to give a truly thoughtful answer. But I will. I always do.