Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing!

I should have my first copies of Underlife on Friday! Almost there. Deep breaths. Deep breaths.


It has been a full 10 days since I last worked on a poem or read my manuscript, and I couldn't be happier. I'm catching up on my reading, making lots of poetry plans, and, oh yeah, getting into the holiday spirit.


Meant to post this last week.

This grainy photo is of a turkey standing on the railing of our back porch. There were two, and this one managed to jump on the roof! By the time I got outside, (he/she?) it was gone. Didn't know turkeys could move so fast, but I guess you have to be quick to avoid being the main course on Thanksgiving day.


Jessie Carty said...

ninja turkey!!


Rethabile said...

So? Got the book in your hands yet?

January said...

Well, since you asked, I just got word that the books are at home (at least I think they are, a big box arrived). Of course, I'm at work. *sigh*

Almost there.

Heidi G said...

What I really like about this photo is the fun silouette that 'Girl Wonder' reveals in the forefront. BTW- fun fact: Turkeys can fly (short distances) and they roost in trees when they sleep.


Related Posts with Thumbnails