"The Girl From Ipanema" is playing over my head. I think it's the Diana Krall version.
I'm tweaking a recently written poem so I can send it out in a batch for publication. Also, I'm revising manuscript #2. The work continues.
Books/publications I have brought with me for inspiration:
- Claudia Emerson, Late Wife
- Aimee Nezhukumatathil, Lucky Fish
- Erika Meitner, Makeshift Instructions for Vigilant Girls
- Nikky Finney, Head Off & Split
- And the most recent issues of APR, Poetry, and P&W
If you haven't picked up the latest issue of Poetry, check out the photography and words of Thomas Sayers Ellis. Brilliant.
Admittedly, I don't read Poetry often but I was surprised to see a piece by Nikki Giovanni. Very cool.