Sunday Scribblings: If These Walls Could Talk ...
If these walls could talk, they’d tell you:
- I’m sitting at my office desk in my pajamas waiting for my kids to get up. Haven’t had my first glass of water or morning tea yet.
- I’m having poetry withdrawal from not writing a poem in the last 72 hours. I’d like to write more but I think I’ll be writing less in December because of the holidays. I'm a little sad about that.
- I’ve been going to the gym like clockwork, five days a week for the past three weeks. My abs are killing me; when I cough, they ache.
- I’m surrounded by boxes of gifts from online retailers that need to be wrapped.
- We just installed a new bathtub and surround for our main bathroom, just one of the many household things we’ll do before the end of the year.
- Boston may get snow tonight. I’m a big kid at heart, so I’m hopping for a *MASSIVE* snowstorm so everyone gets a snow day, and the snow removal crews can make some extra cash.
- Last night we took the kids out for pizza after Christmas shopping and they loved it! Fortunately, they were well behaved and loved people-watching in the busy restaurant.
- My 16-month old daughter eats crayons like they’re going out of style. She gets mad when I take them away from her. If she finds a stray one, it’s like she’s found a piece of Godiva chocolate. Can’t wait to introduce her to Godiva chocolate--now, that’s something special.
- My three-year-old son likes to sit in our cars and pretend he’s driving. So last week we left him alone in his dad's car while we worked in the yard, and he put all of the change in the change compartment into the CD player slot. Now the radio doesn’t work. *sigh*
- My husband has a part-time gig working at Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots football team. I hear him shuffling about the house getting ready. The coffee maker clicks and gurgles. The shower hisses on. And one of the kids whimpers. Maybe he or she will go back to sleep a few minutes longer so I can have my morning tea.