Again, taking a page out of Carolee’s book, here are a few confessions for Tuesday.
1. I was trying to write a sonnet but the words aren't coming. In November, I wanted to try more formal verse, but no such luck yet. Truth is, I have no gift for rhyme, but I’m not giving up. Hope to devote more time to the sonnet after turkey day.
2. Heard a great podcast with Robert Hass from the Poetry Foundation's Web site, and I was encouraged by his poem "Sonnet."
3. Will write a new poem tomorrow, damn it.
4. I’m off from my job for the rest of the week—Woo Hoo!
5. I’m waiting for a letter that hasn’t arrived yet, literally and figuratively. And this letter carries good news. I’m not trying to be coy—I’ve hinted about it for weeks. I just don’t have any solid info to share.
6. On my nightstand are two books I'm reading simultaneously by Olie and Afaa. I love switching between the two. Olie, I’ve so much about the Aubade through your beautiful poems.
7. Can I tell you how much I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving on Thursday? I’ll have to wear the stretchy pants for all the food I will eat. Although my parents are in Virginia, I'm thrilled to be spending time with Tim's very large family. Must remember to take some leftovers.
8. Is it wrong to go to the gym on Thanksgiving morning?
9. If there was a Law & Order cable channel, I would watch it 24/7.