Tuesday, September 23, 2008

January Gill O'Neil's Official Bio

Photo Credit: Rachel Eliza Griffiths


Here's my official bio, which I'll update periodically:

January Gill O’Neil is the author of Misery Islands (fall 2014) and Underlife (2009), both published by CavanKerry Press. She is the executive director of the Massachusetts Poetry Festival and an assistant professor of English at Salem State University.

January's poems and articles have appeared or are forthcoming in American Poetry Review, New England Review, Paterson Literary Review, Rattle, PloughsharesSou'Wester, North American Review, The MOM Egg, Crab Creek Review, Drunken Boat, Crab Orchard Review, Callaloo, Literary Mama, Field, Seattle Review, and Cave Canem anthologies II and IV, among others. Underlife was a finalist for ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Award, and the 2010 Paterson Poetry Prize. In December 2009, January was awarded a Money for Women/Barbara Deming Memorial Fund grant. She was featured in Poets & Writers magazine’s January/February 2010 Inspiration issue as one of its 12 debut poets. A Cave Canem fellow, she runs a popular blog called Poet Mom (http://poetmom.blogspot.com/).

Previously, January was a senior writer/editor at Babson College. She earned her BA from Old Dominion University and her MFA at New York University. She lives with her two children in Beverly, Massachusetts.

Last update 08/02/14

7 comments:

susan said...

Great bio January. I wish you would post it permanently to your sidebar.

poetwithadayjob said...

YEAY!

chicklegirl said...

Nice bio, and a very cute picture!

January said...

Thanks for the kind words.

Susan, posting the bio here is a placeholder. I'm thinking about creating a Web site and upgrading my blog next year.

Anonymous said...

I like your poems, January. I hope one day the UK Poetry Trust will invite you to the Aldeburgh poetry festival (every November). Love to see and hear you there!

Andrew said...

I like your poems, January. I hope one day the UK Poetry Trust will invite you over. Love to see and hear you!

Jean McKay said...

Dear January Gill O'Neil:
I want to thank you for your incredible poem "How to Love" which I found on the Poem A Day website I subscribe to. I've read and re-read it many times as it speaks so to the heart of where I am in my life right now! Your words are like a much loved song that flows through a person ineffably, profoundly! Thank You! My Best Wishes to you. A New Fan! Jean McKay in S.J., CA but nee R.I. and spent early years in Fall River, Mass.!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails