Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time to confess whatever's on your mind. Unburden yourself. We promise to do the same.




I am the proud Poet Mom of a seven-year-old boy. Where has the time gone? Seven years. Alex is getting older while I am getting younger. Funny how that works.

****

This week is about trying to obtain equilibrium. I say "try" because I don't think it will ever happen with so many competing goals. Even when I pare down, it's only temporary. I'm doing too much and I recognize that. Crazed doesn't cover how hectic my life has been. It's causing a bit of stress. Good stress, but stress nonetheless.


What I have to do is remind myself that it will all get done, and not stay up late worrying about what's left to do. And, I haven't been writing lately. *sigh*

I recognize that these are good problems to have. I just wish I could do more of the good work I like to do.

****

Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge! Just 48 hours away. I was hoping to get a Dodge slot this year (HA!). Oh well. Maybe next time. Still, I'm psyched to be going, catching up with friends and seeing new ones. Will post more about Dodge tomorrow.

****

Have you ever run into someone whose life is so off track it makes you appreciate your own even more? I had that experience yesterday afternoon speaking with someone I used to know quite well. There's nothing I can do but hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

****

This past weekend, I managed to make it back to the gym after a few weeks off and a few added lbs. Again, when my life is out of whack the disruption ripples to other parts of my life. It felt good to get back into a fitness routine. Of course, Dodge is about indulging the mind, body, and spirit. Still, I'll get in a few workouts while I'm away.

****

Not making a to-do list because I'm headed to Dodge. I'm looking to replenish my poetry soul.

Comments

Popular Posts