VA Festival of the Book

I'm back from a weekend visit to Charlottesville for the Virginia Festival of the Book. My first time attending but man was it a blast! Not sure what I enjoyed more, reading in my home state for the first time, being in Charlottesville, or seeing my parents--or all of the above. Here are lots of photos.

Special thanks to Kevin McFadden for being such an advocate for poetry and for this festival.

First, my parents! We're having lunch at Five Guys in downtown Charlottesville.




Most of the poetry readings were held at the New Dominion Bookstore.

From Friday's reading: The Disastrous Muse


Dan Albergotti



Jon Pineda



Jane Satterfield



Jake Adam York



From Saturday's reading: What Women Want

Moderator Julia Kudravetz and me



Jehanne Dubrow and Julia



Erika Meitner







Authors' Reception



Jehanne, Jane, Sandra Beasley, Erika, Ned Balbo, and Jake and me in the second row



Jehanne, Sandra, and Erika

Comments

Sandy Longhorn said…
Wow, January! That looks fabulous. Thanks for the pictures.
January said…
Thanks Sandy! Can't believe this was my first time attending the festival. So much fun.

Popular Posts