Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Confession Tuesday

Welcome to the last Confession Tuesday in September (*sigh*). Share a little of yourself and we promise to do the same.


I find myself in the awkward position of learning how to write again. Revising a manuscript is more about fixing what’s broken vs. starting from scratch. My journal is filled with saved phrases and half sentences that I’ve abandoned for … oh, you name it … helping my kids with homework or doing a load of laundry.

I know that when I don’t write, my life loses that bit of grace that surrounds me. It’s time to start writing new poems again.


Gosh, when I think of all that I’ve put off to complete the manuscript it’s nearly overwhelming. Never thought I’d say this but I miss exercising. I have to make it a point to start walking again. I miss the rhythm that comes from talking long walks in the evenings.


Time for a to-do list.

  1. Write two articles
  2. Look into reading at upcoming festivals
  3. Daily 15 minute freewrites
  4. Send submissions to two publications

Hope you can make it to tonight’s Improbable Places Poetry Tour at Good Mojo Tattoos, 5 Washington Street, Beverly, MA. The topic tonight is ink.

I’m working on a new poem for the reading. Cool.


Damn Red Sox.


Jessie Carty said...

I too am missing that grace and the walks :) I've gotten in a few but not nearly enough!

January said...

Amen. I'm hoping to step it up (pun intended) in October.


Related Posts with Thumbnails