You Can Go Home Again

I just came back from a quicker than quick trip to Norfolk, Virginia, to see my parents. My dad had knee surgery a few week ago (he's fine) but I really wanted to see for myself. I knew once he starting cracking bad jokes, he was better. :)

Of course, when you book with Priceline, you can't pick your flight times. So I left Boston Saturday at 5 a.m., and on Sunday I left Norfolk at about the same time. Fortunately, I've had a good amount of time to run errands before seeing the kids later today. Not tired yet, thank goodness.

Best part of my trip? Making crab cakes for my mom and dad for dinner on Saturday night.


****

Gotta love airports with free wi-fi.

****

And now, I'm Starbucking. Life is good.

****

Still tweaking the manuscript. I decided to write one more poem for the collection, so I'm working on that while futzing with the order. I just want to be done, gosh darnit. Almost there.

Speaking of manuscript sequencing, check out tonight's #poetparty on Twitter, 9 p.m. EST.

Comments

Popular Posts