Confession Tuesday

If it's Tuesday, it's time for your confessions! Share a little of yourself and we promise to do the same.



















Food + Poetry = Love. On Sunday, I hosted a poetry brunch for a few friends. Yes, those are crab cakes on my table, as well as chicken salad, asparagus, green salad, cheese and crackers, and iced tea. Not pictured: pastries, strawberry shortcake, and mimosas. It was delish!

With all the talk about poetry salons, it was nice nice to host my own version of what I'm sure goes on in homes and coffee shops everywhere. It's sort of an extension of our writers' group with food! There were six of us, and after brunch we read draft poems for comment. Seems we've been rotating from house to house whenever someone gets the notion. It's just a nice way to connect with friends in a smaller, more relaxed setting.

****
I had a delightful weekend. Wish I had one more day--I'd be just right.

****

Did manage a major revision, and wrote one new poem. Not bad. I'll spend time this week knocking off things from my to-do list.

****

Join me tonight for a talk at the Peabody Library!

History of Poetry
Peabody Institute Library
82 Main St Peabody, MA 01960

7 p.m. Tuesday, May 29: "Modern Poetry." January O’Neil talks about modern poets such as Mary Oliver, Robert Pinsky, Rita Dove, and Billy Collins.

Comments

i got stopped by the police for speeding and just got a warning, and the same thing happened last week... no ticket. although today it did make me late for work. i been getting "Grace" with warnings...etter straighten up!But great spread...
Susan Rich said…
Wish I could have been there. Wish you could be here!

Popular Posts