Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday folks. Time for your confessions. Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same!


This past weekend I spent a glorious weekend by myself. I missed the kids dearly, but needed the time away from me as much as I needed it from them. I needed "me" time.

****


As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I saw the movie Eat Pray Love. I Thought Julia Roberts did a nice job as Liz Gilbert, and I loved watching the scenes in Italy, Bali, and Indonesia. I liked the movie a lot, but not as much as I loved the book—I don't think I'm alone here. Still, it was a great night out with a friend I haven’t seen in a while.


Throughout the movie, however, I found myself identifying with Liz’s first husband (Billy Crudup) in the movie. As much as I was cheering for Liz to find herself, I totally related to his story as the person who was left behind. In fact, I found myself crying through different scenes that really shouldn’t have been big emotional triggers. I never cry in movies.

And the movie's subtle theme of “believe in love again”—well, I’m still welling up over that one. Where is my Javier Bardem? Hello?!


****


I’m struggling with the concept of forgiveness. I’m starting to believe it’s overrated.


****

Pet peeve: when people don't respond to e-mails. Now I'm not taking about friends or close, inner circle people. I'm talking about people I'm trying to get information from or do business with. So annoying. Just because we live in the Information Age doesn't mean people have license to be rude.

(end rant)


****

Looking at last week's to-do list, I knocked off the behemoth: the manuscript. Still working on the following projects.

  1. Work on two new poems
  2. Finish up a book review (ugh -- way behind)
  3. Answer interview questions/write interview questions (two related projects)
  4. Blog facelift
  5. Work on upcoming Mass Poetry regional event
  6. Declutter office (work in progress)

****

These random confessions are brought to you by the letter "C."

Comments

marc said…
forgiveness is overrated- yeah it seems that way sometimes doesn' it?

on the other hand, playing your resentment tape becomes toxic after awhile, as the 12-steppers say

i confess that i find most men to be morons and their sense of humor (like today - co-worker "hey look at this!" to me - me knowing i'm not going to think it's funny and then feeling alienated) stupid
Catherine said…
I guess I have to confess to having some unanswered e-mails in my inbox. Mostly to do with genealogy. I have such a huge mass of family history research, that I get quite a few queries, and if they are complex I flag them to get back to later. I'm trying to work through the old ones and am gradually clearing them.
Of course, if it was my day job to do it, I would have answered them long since.

Popular Posts