Kibbles and Bits

I have blocked off the next four hours to work on revisions for my second manuscript. The kids are with their father this weekend, so I'm taking advantage of the peace and quiet for a change. I'm hoping I can get everything done in two hours, and spend the remaining time on po-biz stuff. Trying really, really hard not to clean the kitchen, do a load of laundry, or clear off my desk--that's on my list for Sunday.

****

Last night, over hot chocolate and chai tea with Jennifer Jean at Starbucks, I was able to organize my list of weekend priorities. The hardest thing for me is waitlisting projects. I just can't juggle as many things as I would like. But the fact that I'm moving through the list is a good thing.

****

Later, my BFF Heidi and I will see Eat Pray Love. And then we will eat, drink, and, gab. Yahoo!

****

I leave you with this very moving interview with Natasha Trethewey, from NPR's Fresh Air. She discusses her new book, Beyond Katrina: A Meditation on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Comments

Popular Posts