In search of the Muse

I have written eight poems since National Poetry Month started--woo hoo. Most of them are bad, but I will continue to post (one is up already) throughout the month.

What has surprised me the most is that I enjoy blogging. Didn't think it would leave me enough creativity for anything else, but I was wrong. This month, I decided that I would make writing my priority. Rather, I stopped trying to do everything on my to do list. I stopped going to the gym, stopped reading my book, stopped trying to keep the house spotless--all in an effort to focus on something I seem to do in fits and starts.

In the next few days, in addition to poems, I'll share some writing exercises and post my attempts. Feel free to attempt a writing exercise, and leave behind a technique that has worked for you.

Comments

Popular Posts