I’ve been slow to post since the end of NaPoWriMo. Truth is, I’ve been catching up on my sleep. What I didn’t count on is being a little out of sorts after the experience. For a month, my mission was to write a poem a day. Now, I have to transition back to normalcy. I’m doing those things I let slide, including exercise, spending so extra time with kids, taking to my husband (hee hee hee), and, of course, watching the league-leading Boston Red Sox.
Today, the weather should be gorgeous, 60s and sunny—a good day to take the camera out for photos of the kids. I really think I need to try something new. I’ll have to give that some series thought.
Maybe this will jump-start my May efforts.
May To-Do List
- Revise April poems
- Write four poems in May
- Debrief NEWS reading
- Prep for next NEWS reading/create fall ’07 schedule
- Prepare for Super Hoot poetry reading
- Send out poems to two publications
- Send out manuscript to one publisher/contest
- Budget—this is one area I let slide last month
- Shop! (Hence, the need for the budget)
- Get tennis racket restrung/play tennis
- Prep for upcoming seminar I’m team-teaching with Erin
- Be more social—invite friends over for dinner
Tonight, my husband and I will sit out in the back yard with margaritas!