What Will You Be Doing This Weekend?

For days, I have been thinking about this long weekend. Why does an extra day make such a difference to my psyche? Guess it helps that it's a 90 degrees and feels like summer.


So this Memorial weekend, I'll be standing in front of the hose--if the kids will let me. We'll be gardening, going for ice cream, and taking Alex to see his first movie. Tim and I will cook a few steaks on the grill and enjoy a glass (or two) of wine while Alex and Ella play baseball in the backyard. Did I mention there's lots of Red Sox baseball this weekend? As for "me" time, I'll find it. Can't keep me away from my writing sessions at Starbucks. And I foresee a much needed shopping trip in my future


I'm sad that I haven't been blogging much these last few weeks. Still haven't gotten my groove back, but I will do my fair share of reading and posting in the evenings. I feel like a noisy neighbor popping in to see what y'all have been doing. Whatever you've been up to, I can't wait to read about it.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend (and a great weekend, even if you don't celebrate the holiday). Lastly, I want to offer all of the families with troops abroad my sincerest gratitude and wishes for safe and speedy returns.

Comments

Deirdre said…
You've got a perfect weekend planned. It's a regular weekend for us - strange work schedules - but it's good to know that most of the world slows down for this day of rememberance.

The picture of the kids is great. Kids and water, nothing better.

Popular Posts