I did have a chance to send out poems to two publications, and I scheduled two readings in the next few weeks. I also did a lot of this related to my forthcoming book, so I managed to get a few poetry-related things done this past week.
So here are my new to-do’s:
- Memorize a poem—At Sunday’s NEWS reading, J.D. Scrimgeour recited a poem to the audience and it was terrific. It gives the reader the opportunity to connect with the audience. So this may be my new task into the month of April. I’ll memorize one or two of mine, and a poem from a well-known poet.
- Read a book—haven’t read anything other than poetry books this year. I’ve had Steve Martin’s Pure Drivel on my shelf for a while. Maybe I need something short and funny to get me started.
- Write two poems and revise an old piece.
- Write next article for Read Write Poem.
- Start planning the next NEWS reading event on April 9—it’s a poetry extravaganza!
- Working with Cave Canem to promote their first major Boston event.
- Send poems to two publications.
So, what’s on your to-do list?