Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Emily Dickinson Teapot.


"The dandelions pallid tube astonishes the grass, and winter instantly becomes an infinite alas." -Emily Dickinson

Why not?

****


Had major car drama that may be much to do about nothing--or the beginning of the end for my Subaru. My 2000 Outback has 211,000 miles on it and has had a myriad of problems. Well, after stalling in traffic yesterday I had it checked out. *I'm hopeful* that the problems have been solved. And it didn't cost much this time. Whew! I've had a heap of trouble with the car during the past year. Would be nice to get a few more months out of it before buying something new.

****

Short but sweet. Heading out to the performance of Confluence tonight. Feeling waterlogged and rain soaked this afternoon. Hope it's sunny in your corner of the world.

5 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

I LOVE that teapot. May have to buy one.

Catherine said...

Good luck with the car. It sounds like you do a heap of miles in it, I'm a little gobsmacked by the total it has accumulated in just over ten years!

January said...

Catherine, I got a reprieve on my Subaru. It was a fixable problem. But I do think it's time for something new.

I drive a long distance to and from work every day. That's how I racked up so many miles.

January said...

Collin, me too!

Jessie Carty said...

my car ended up getting totaled (it was rear-ended) before i could really get the rest of it's life out of it. had 120K on it and was 7 years old. we had made the decision that if we ever spent more than about $3000 in a year on repairs we'd replace cause about $3000 a year is a car payment

Have fun at the reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails