Sunday, February 14, 2010
Happy Birthday to Me!
That's right, I'm 41! Forgive me if I decline to wax poetic about Valentine's Day. I'll have more to say about that on Confession Tuesday.
For now, I'm celebrating a birthday. Here's what I love about being 41.
1. I'm finally comfortable in my own skin. There's a certain self-awareness that comes with age. Can't say that I'm unflappable, but I know who I am. I find myself less afraid and more in touch with the people and things around me.
2. There are two small children who will, no doubt, wake me up at 6 a.m. to sing happy birthday.
3. I look pretty good.
4. Underlife is OUT! WOO HOO!! And this week, I get to travel to support the book.
5. I've said this before, but there comes a point in your life when your family becomes your friends, and your friends become your family. I'm there!
6. Speaking of family, hi Mom and Dad! (They read the blog.)
7. I get to write and edit for a living.
8. I don't have any regrets.
9. I'm happy.
10. It's not a perfect life, but it's 100 percent mine.