Confession Tuesday

If it’s Tuesday, it’s time for your confessions! Share a little of yourself and we promise to do the same.

I am the mother of an 8-year old boy. Amazing how keep keeps getting older (and more handsome) and I keep getting younger!

****

Since we are nearly at year’s end—a few more weeks, really—I thought it was time for me to take a look at my goals to see where I am with things. At the beginning of the year, I created a Poetry Action Plan (PAP). The whole idea of a PAP is to move forward in my poetry career with purpose. I’m a goal-oriented person so having structure around my work gives me focus. (Here’s information on creating a PAP.)

Here’s where I am with my 2011 goals:

Write a Poem a Week
Oh, good lord, I am just off the rails here. But I’d like to finish the year strong so I may attempt to end up with 52 poems. With that much volume, I’m bound to get some good work done.

Support the Massachusetts Poetry Festival
Mass Poetry is a huge priority in my life. 2011 was a terrific festival year, and 2012 promises to be even better.

Support Manuscript #2
I put off a lot of other projects to complete this goal, and I’m nearly there. Again, it hinges on CavanKerry Press officially accepting my manuscript. Fingers crossed. If so, I have a plan in place for how to support this title.

Start Manuscript #3
The fellowships I applied for to support this manuscript did not come through. But, as soon as m’script #2 is complete, I can begin to scope out this project.

Attend a Weeklong Workshop
Not in the cards this year. Provincetown also did not work out. Here’s hoping it happens in 2012.

Continue to Support Underlife
Honestly, the other goals took priority, so I backed off on supporting Underlife. I don’t think it has hit the point of a reprint, but I will check. It’s hard to sustain momentum in a book’s second year after publication.

So, that’s the state of the state. I don’t give myself enough credit for the things I have done. But I plan to finish the year strong and move toward 2012 with (poetry) purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts