Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks! It’s time for your confessions. Share a bit of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.


I am still in West Coast glow of my Seattle trip.

Whenever I travel, I’m reminded how necessary it is to step outside of my world and get some perspective. Being away really does wonders for my soul. I love love love travel, something I didn’t do much of when I was married. But now I feel empowered to trust my instincts and seek opportunities when I can. I have no choice, really.

It also makes coming home to two beautiful children that much sweeter.

****

True confession: last week when I said I was sending my manuscript off to the publisher, I did not. Had to postpone mailing it off until yesterday. But it is gone and I feel lighter, ready to work of new poems. Ready to let in a new kind of light.

****

I’m trying to focus on three things for the rest of October:
  • wellness (eating, sleeping, and exercise)
  • poetry
  • finances

My goal is to focus my attention on the important stuff for a few weeks and let everything else fall away. I can’t sustain this pace, but I can do it for a while and then let the focus shift to something else. By the end I’ll feel as if I’ve accomplished something without getting into too much of a routine.

****

We, the undersigned writers and all who will join us, support Occupy Wall Street and the Occupy Movement around the world.

****

November is just around the corner. Time to gear up for another poem-a-day challenge.

****

Fall is so overrated.

Comments

Susan Rich said…
So glad the northwest glow is lasting -- I gave Wendy your book today and she is taking it to her book group this weekend. You impressed everyone you met!

It was a wonderful visit for me as well~ Sarajevo and Duende are here. They meow their love!

Popular Posts