Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks! It’s time for your confessions. Share a bit of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

I am still in West Coast glow of my Seattle trip.

Whenever I travel, I’m reminded how necessary it is to step outside of my world and get some perspective. Being away really does wonders for my soul. I love love love travel, something I didn’t do much of when I was married. But now I feel empowered to trust my instincts and seek opportunities when I can. I have no choice, really.

It also makes coming home to two beautiful children that much sweeter.


True confession: last week when I said I was sending my manuscript off to the publisher, I did not. Had to postpone mailing it off until yesterday. But it is gone and I feel lighter, ready to work of new poems. Ready to let in a new kind of light.


I’m trying to focus on three things for the rest of October:
  • wellness (eating, sleeping, and exercise)
  • poetry
  • finances

My goal is to focus my attention on the important stuff for a few weeks and let everything else fall away. I can’t sustain this pace, but I can do it for a while and then let the focus shift to something else. By the end I’ll feel as if I’ve accomplished something without getting into too much of a routine.


We, the undersigned writers and all who will join us, support Occupy Wall Street and the Occupy Movement around the world.


November is just around the corner. Time to gear up for another poem-a-day challenge.


Fall is so overrated.

1 comment:

Susan Rich said...

So glad the northwest glow is lasting -- I gave Wendy your book today and she is taking it to her book group this weekend. You impressed everyone you met!

It was a wonderful visit for me as well~ Sarajevo and Duende are here. They meow their love!


Related Posts with Thumbnails