Sunday, October 16, 2011

Open Books
















Left to right: me, Susan’s friend Jeff, Susan, Elizabeth Austin, and Kathleen Flenniken.

To cap off my visit to Seattle, Susan arranged for a dinner Friday night with poets Kathleen Flenniken and Elizabeth Austen. Kathleen is the author of Flood and the forthcoming Plume. And Elizabeth has had a terrific year with the publication of her first book, Every Dress a Decision, and two chapbooks, The Girl Who Goes Alone and Where Currents Meet. It was so nice spending a little time with them and getting a feel for what’s happening in the Seattle poetry scene (a lot!).

****

Our restaurant was close to Open Books, which was closed during my visit. But I did manage to take a few photos through the window.





3 comments:

Susan Rich said...

Thank you, Jan, for a wonderful four days. I hope you enjoyed Seattle as much as Seattle poets and writers (and restaurants) enjoyed you! You must come back again soon. I promise Open Books will be open!

Elizabeth Austen said...

Wonderful to meet you, Jan, and I hope you'll be back to Seattle soon.

January said...

Hi Elizabeth! Great meeting you too. Hope you come to Boston for AWP 2012.

You too, Susan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails