Open Books
















Left to right: me, Susan’s friend Jeff, Susan, Elizabeth Austin, and Kathleen Flenniken.

To cap off my visit to Seattle, Susan arranged for a dinner Friday night with poets Kathleen Flenniken and Elizabeth Austen. Kathleen is the author of Flood and the forthcoming Plume. And Elizabeth has had a terrific year with the publication of her first book, Every Dress a Decision, and two chapbooks, The Girl Who Goes Alone and Where Currents Meet. It was so nice spending a little time with them and getting a feel for what’s happening in the Seattle poetry scene (a lot!).

****

Our restaurant was close to Open Books, which was closed during my visit. But I did manage to take a few photos through the window.





Comments

Susan Rich said…
Thank you, Jan, for a wonderful four days. I hope you enjoyed Seattle as much as Seattle poets and writers (and restaurants) enjoyed you! You must come back again soon. I promise Open Books will be open!
Wonderful to meet you, Jan, and I hope you'll be back to Seattle soon.
January said…
Hi Elizabeth! Great meeting you too. Hope you come to Boston for AWP 2012.

You too, Susan!

Popular Posts