Eight Things I'm Grateful For Today
... in no particular order
- I'm at home--my job has summer hours with Fridays off. And while we go back to our normal schedule next week, I'm happy that I don't have to make the hour-long drive to and from work on this beautiful summer day.
- My mother-in-law took Alex on an adventure, so they're spending a little QT together and I have one less child to chase around the house.
- Ella had her one-year check-up this morning and the results are in ... she's perfect! But I knew that. What I didn't know is that she's 22.4 lbs. and 30" long. She's in the 90th percentile for height, which puts her on track to be 5' 8"! Mini-me, you complete me!
- She had immunization shots today. Guess I'm grateful for health-care in this country.
- Because Ella had shots, and a swig of Tylenol, she'll be napping for the next few hours (woo hoo!).
- I took the last half-hour to go through my manuscript and pick out a few poems for publication. Seventeen in all--now, that's exciting!
- I'm sending my work to eight different publications. It's been a huge goal of mine to send out batches of poems and now I'm able to do it. Wish me luck!
- Also, thought of a new writing exercise that I'll attempt over the weekend and post the results.
If anyone has suggestions on good publications, print or Web, that take emerging poets, feel free to post.
Happy Friday, y'all!