Friday, August 25, 2006

Freelancers of the world, unite and take over!

Even though it’s still August, I’m thinking ahead to the holidays and Christmas (yes, Christmas!). I'm looking to supplement my income with a few freelance writing/editing jobs so I can pay cash for presents and not dip into reserve credit. (Yikes!)


(Mommy, should that be an em dash?)

Now in a perfect world, a prospective employer would call me up out of the blue with a great job paying boo coo bucks. Yeah, right! Nice, but not gonna happen.

That's where you come in. It’s been a while since I’ve freelanced, so what’s the best way to get a freelance gig these days? What’s worked for you? Do you use a placement service or comb the want ads? What wording do you use to solicit responses on Craigslist.org? I’m just looking for a few hours of work that I can do from home when the kids are asleep.

Writers and editors, what are your strategies? Do tell.

2 comments:

paris parfait said...

Check out Mediabistro.com. You can become a member, get your work out there and learn about potential leads and tips for pitching articles. They've produced a book called Get a Freelance Life by Margit Feury Ragland. Worth a read. Good luck!

January said...

Thanks for the tip, Tara!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails