Mommy, Mommy, Mommy

Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy ...

And so it goes in the house with a soon-to-be three-year-old and a newly walking one-year old. Oh my God. This past weekend was enough to frazzle my hair permanently. Why is it that kids ask the same questions over and over? Whatever the reason, it really pushes my buttons.

To his credit, Tim has been a saint. His disposition is much more suited for the toddler stage than mine. Taking care of of Ella has been so much easier than Alex, who now has his own opinion about everything. He's even learned to say no just for the sake of saying no. In other words, he's learned the power of the word. And I can't believe that I'll probably have to go through all of this again with Ella in a few months. *sigh*

As it turns out, however, Mommy gets a much needed distraction from the kids with tickets to tonight's Red Sox game against the Detroit Tigers. They hold the best record in the majors, and the Sox are jockeying for position for the wild card.

All I ask is that we don't suck tonight. Mommy needs a win. (And the team needs a win like plasma!)



This is a photo of my good friend Red Sox Catcher and Team Captain Jason Varitek. Okay, so we're not really friends but he did pose for this picture at a charity event in 2003. I was about 6 months pregnant with Alex. (Too bad he's on the DL--the team could use you right now, Tek.)

Comments

Deirdre said…
Have fun tonight! I'm not a baseball fan, but do love going to a game. Sounds like the perfect antidote to being incessantly 'mommied'. :)
writingblind said…
Have a good time, baseball games are so much fun. Unfortunately I'm a Yankees fan so I'll be rooting for the Tigers on this one. Please don't hold that against me.
January said…
WB: I won't hold it against you--until the Sox play the Yankees in a 4-game set at Fenway this weekend. Then it's on like a MoFo!
Writer Bug said…
It's turned into the perfect game weather! Enjoy!

And I loved your post--I love it when mothers (and fathers) can be honest about how difficult parenting can be. And how lucky for you that you and Tim seem to enjoy the opposite stages!
mareymercy said…
Mommy, where does baseball come from?

Haaaaave fun!!
Emily said…
I am also not much of a baseball fan, but my husband was listening to Red Sox/Orioles on the radio this weekend while I was listening to npr in another room. We do not agree on sports radio :) Have fun!
wendy said…
just wait til "no" s followed by WHATEVER!!!! eye roll, eye roll, eye roll.

I feel you pain...and appreciate your humour.

Popular Posts