Book Blogger Appreciation Week
I didn't know it was Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW)--thanks Susan.
Well, the folks at BBAW have a meme. If you want to participate, consider yourself tagged.
You and Your Reading Habits
- Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack? No. Sometimes I have a cup of tea with lemon, however.
- Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you? That's horrifying! :)
- How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Laying the book flat open? All of the above.
- Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Poetry, of course! Then fiction and nonfiction.
- Hard copy or audiobooks? Hard copy but audio for my two-hour commute to and from work.
- Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? I try to read to the end of chapters.
- If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Not always, but I try.
- What are you currently reading? Finishing Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Next: Conquering Venus by Collin Kelley.
- What is the last book you bought? Just ordered The Gift: Creativity and the Artist in the Modern World by Lewis Hyde.
- Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? I can read poetry and fiction at the same time, but I can't have two fiction/nonfiction books going at the same time.
- Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? At night, after the kids have gone to bed. I also enjoy reading while traveling, airports especially.
- Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? Guess I read a lot of stand-alone books, but I like to read books by authors in sequence. Gives me a sense of how the writer's style changes through the years.
- Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott
- How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) By genre, then by color. That's the extent of my organization!