Confession Tuesday

Hi folks. Time to share a bit of yourselves with us, and we'll do the same. Don't forget to visit the folks hanging out in The Confessional.


Spent a good portion of the afternoon yesterday at Starbucks working on my Misery Islands long poem. It's not finished, but it's starting to take shape. I've never written a long poem with sections before, so the prospect of working through difficult subject matter in this format is thrilling. So far, I've written five out of eight sections. Once the draft is done, it will need a heavy revision. And for the first time in my blogging history, I don't think I'll post it when it's complete. Well, if I do post the poem, it will live here for a day for feedback. I think I'd like to have the poem available for submission to various journals.

****

As much as I hang out at Starbucks, I don't drink coffee. Don't like it—never have. I do like their hot chocolate and iced tea lemonade, however.

I'm more of hot tea with lemon kind of girl, with lots and lots of sugar. What can I say? I'm from the South; we like our tea sweet!

****

Last night, I introduced the kids to Star Wars. Back in 1977, this was the first movie released. Now it is the fourth movie in the series. Try explaining the reasoning behind watching the fourth movie to a six-year old. Besides, the newer movies are more graphically enhanced—more real and somewhat violent compared to the original. It was fun to watch Mark Hammill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher in their heyday. And the movie still holds up to this day.

****

The Mass Poetry Festival is happening this weekend! I'm reading once on Thursday and twice on Saturday. (More details in a separate post.) I'm excited and strangely nervous about reading. I've looked forward to reading, as well as seeing so many talented poets share their work. Lots of friends and bloggers out and about for the weekend.

The festival marks the ramping-up period before Underlife is released next month. (Next month? Holy $%*+!) As you know, my to-do list is long and scary. Every time I knock something off, there's another three things that need to be done. I'm not complaining, though. I've been waiting for this all my life.

Comments

Collin Kelley said…
I just pretend like the later three Star Wars movies don't exist. I just can't watch them.
susan said…
Have a great time for both of us at the festival. You've accomplished so much and just getting started. :-)
Jim K. said…
I have filled this tuesday
window out and cancelled a few
times...there's a confession.
I get carried away.

Best luck and times at Lowell!
Mark was asking...I got there last
year, but I'm afraid not this one.
Frantic campus visit weekends for oldest daughter. I'll be watching
Jarita and Megan at the Frost
hoopla the next weekend.
Jessie Carty said…
have fun with the readings!
i saw all of the newer star wars movie's once. that was enough. the older ones? repeating not a problem!

i'm also one of those people who doesn't drink coffee :) i did find out from a barista that the passion tea is decaf no less!

:)
January said…
It's fun to re-live the old Star Wars movies. The new ones seem kinda silly in comparison.

Thanks for the kind words about the festival! I'll post pictures and blog updates throughout the weekend.
Jim K. said…
Pics and updates would be cool!
The official sites for these
things can be hard to fathom.

Popular Posts