“I celebrate myself …”

"… And what I assume you shall assume; For every atom belonging to me, as good belongs to you." ~ Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass


That's how I'm feeling today. I'm sitting in Starbucks and have resolved not to leave until I have made some headway (dare I say complete) my Misery Islands long poem. Can I tell you about my happiness today? What is it about sitting in Starbucks that brings me such joy? It's noisy, but I've plugged in my headset and am ready to go. I've even allowed myself a good hour to goof off so I won't be tempted mid-poem.


If you missed them, go back and read the posts on favorite poetry lines and taboo poetry.

Lastly, here are a few photos from the weekend.









Comments

Jessie Carty said…
i wonder if it is creepy for an adult to go by themself to a pumpkin patch? - wondering this for myself... :)

hope you got loads of work done!
Love that you are doing this! Keep up the good work. Carpe Diem!!!
January said…
Thanks Joyce, Jessie. We're trying to enjoy the season as much as possible.

Carpe Diem!

Popular Posts