Confession Tuesday

If it's Tuesday, it's time to confess! Feel free to tell us something about yourself, and we'll do the same. Be sure to say hello to the folks doing time in The Confessional.


I'm still buzzing from all the excitement from the Mass Poetry Festival. What a great weekend! It was wonderful to see so many poets and non-poets come out to enjoy so many wonderful performances. Was good to see friends from my undergrad and grad days at college. And always nice to spend a few hours with Joseph Legaspi.

The whole weekend served as a reminder that better times are just around the corner.

****

Joseph says I have "girl crushes." And he's right. I have crushes on certain poet bloggers: here, here, here, and here. *smooches to you all!* If we lived closer to one another, we would get into more trouble than we could handle. Thank goodness the blogosphere is bringing us all a little closer.

****

I'm cutting the fat out of my schedule!

This week, I'm taking a long, hard look at what I do and how I do it. Haven't been sleeping or exercising much—more worries than I can count. And I'm not writing enough for my liking. So I hope that with a few adjustments (such as going to bed by 11 p.m.), I can work in a writing session at 5 a.m., and schedule a gym visit after work. Fortunately, my job seems to be more manageable these days, which helps immensely.

What I have been doing, which seems to work for me, is taking lots of deep breaths and walking during the work day. All of these things feed into my attempts at navigating this new path I'm taking with the kids. The rough spots have been and continue to be rough, but the kids just seem to roll with it. Maybe I've done a better job of keeping them on track than I think.

****

Time for a debt diet, also known as a money fast! I'm not spending any money tomorrow or Thursday. (Will probably buy a salad for lunch today.)

****

As usual, lots to do on the poetry to-do list. But given my last comment I may try to pull it back to a few key items. On tap this week: giving feedback on the Underlife galley proof (yippee!), working on my long poem, setting up a location for the pre-launch party, visiting blogs, and catching up on my reading.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Comments

Jill said…
Hi Jan! It was beyond cool to meet you and have dinner with you! I think it was my favorite part of the weekend, sitting around the table with you and Carolee, talking poetry.

I agree, the festival was very, very energizing. It's time to really get focused, get the lead out, buckle down...
Girl crushes are good! And right back at you! And yes, I'm thankful too for the blogsphere to allow us to connect

*

Your debt diet/money fast is inspiring. I find it highly satisfying when I can stretch money a farther. I love the intentional choice to not spend money for X number of days.

*

And I like cutting the fat out of your schedule. I do that every so often, drop things/groups, etc that I really don't want to do.

*

Oh I can't wait to get your book! So close so close!

Great confession today! Your blog is always so wonderful to read. Thank you!
Jessie Carty said…
Great confession Tuesday! and what a great group of ladies to have crushes on :)

My confession is that I just ate a Tollhouse cookie ice cream cookie sandwich. Yes. That was not on my diet! debt diet or real one!

have a great week.
Anonymous said…
thanks for the love! it makes me so happy to read this. what a great time we could all have! (and we will. it'll just be spread out over time.) yay, poetry and blogging!
January said…
Jill and Carolee, it truly was my pleasure to meet you last week. I'm trying to keep some of the energy from the Mass Poetry Festival to keep me going this week.

We'll have to do it again very soon!
:)
January said…
Thanks Jessie and Kelli!

Popular Posts