Confession Tuesday

It’s the first Confession Tuesday of spring! (Although, if you’re in the Northeast, it feels like monsoon season.) Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same. Don’t forget to share the love with the lost souls doing time in The Confessional.


Last week was difficult. Part of me just shut down—even with Alex and Ella. Just didn’t want to be around them, which is not me at all. On Monday, I was overwhelmed and grief-stricken. By Friday, however, I felt a shift inside, that this torrent of emotion was subsiding. And yesterday, when I came home from work, I felt lighter. The downdraft hanging around had left. Probably had the best night of sleep I’ve had in seven days.


Why the change? I don’t know. Time. Spring. Family. Good friends. Laughter. Going back to the gym. Good food. Doing the things I love. Poetry. Knowing my place in this world. All of the above.

****


Free poetry books. Need I say more?

****



My interview with the beautiful and talented Erin Dionne is up at her blog.


****


Jill says I’m a very organized person. I’m really a procrastinator. My spin on things? I do what I like to do first, and the rest has to wait.


Since the release of Underlife, my time is at a premium. I do most of what I do between 8-10 p.m. after the kids go to bed. I wish I could do more—life is just too interesting not to be involved.

But I have to be careful about overcommitting myself, which I am prone to do.


****


I had forgotten how much I like to travel. In promoting the book, I’m taking a fair amount of trips in April.

After my reading at Babson College in Wellesley, MA, I’m flying to a reading with the Georgia Center for the Book in Decatur, GA. The Georgia trip means that I will be staying with my grandparents and seeing two of my BFFs. And then, AWP Denver! Woo hoo! (All of the dates are listed to the left of this post.)

****


To-do list? I think I need a “to-don’t” list! But I'm looking forward to NaPoWriMo. I'll start writing poems this week to warm up for April.

Comments

Jessie Carty said…
i'm looking forward to doing some traveling around myself. so far i've avoided anywhere involving flight but i'm really getting tempted by NY and San Fran. Really!
January said…
Are you afraid to fly? Well, NY is just a (long) train ride away.
Jessie Carty said…
nope not afraid to fly just trying to avoid expenses when i can :)

but if you totally know a place we could read in NYC, ya know what I am game!!!

Popular Posts