Update from the Salem Lit Fest



If last night's crowd is any indication of turnout for the Salem Lit Fest, then the weekend will be a sellout!

Here's a photo of Salem's own Brunonia Barry, author of The Lace Reader, our emcee for the lit fest's opening event. There was a reading from the winner of a lit fest-sponsored writing contest, and a reading by Lily King, author of Father of the Rain. Lovely woman. She shared her process--bought her journals to show off her handwritten draft. And she read from chapter four of "Father." Wish I had snapped a picture but forgot to ask. I won't make that mistake today.

****
I'm stepping in tonight at the Thursday on Saturday poetry reading for the fabulous Mignon Ariel King, who is unable to attend. Hope everything's OK, Mignon.

****

Just finished my Guggenheim fellowship application!! Yea! It's out of my hands. Probably bad form to make my intentions so public but I just feel such overwhelming relief I just have to share. No guarantees. But it's out in the world now. Whew!


****

I'm out like a scout, off to catch Erin Dionne's presentation with Kat Black on Writing as a Career Choice. Should be a good one.

****

I'm wicked late. Forgive the typos.

Comments

Popular Posts