Confession Tuesday

This is the last Confession Tuesday of 2010! Let's make it count. Share a little of yourself and we promise to do the same.



Here's an unattractive photo of me in a stupid hat using my snow blower for the first time. Hmmm ... where to begin.

I put snow blowing in the category of most hated activities EVER, next to cutting the lawn and raking leaves. However, it's better than snow shoveling. The Blizzard of 2010 dumped 18 inches of powdery chaos in the Boston area. Fortunately, my dad helped me get the thing started so clearing the snow was much easier this time around.

****

I wrote a poem about my new snow blower at a writers' retreat in early December but felt is wasn't complete until I had opened the box and used the darn thing. Now I can complete the poem with a clear conscience.

****

The snow really put a crimp in my plans with my parents. We tend to stay around the house during their holiday visits, but I was really hoping to see a movie or show them around Boston. After the last-minute Christmas shopping, our activity level slowed to a snail's pace. Still, it's nice watching them play with the kids. Guess we'll wait until spring to tour the city.

****

I've been catching up on my sleep. I'm very glad I have the week off from work.

*****

My last to-do list for 2010:

1. Write three poems
2. Revise poems written at poetry workshop (including snow blower poem)
3. Get organized/clean desk
4. Update Goodreads info
5. Send out eight submissions

****

Now that my second manuscript is complete, I'm ready to start my newest project, which requires research and time. Here's hoping that one (or some) of the fellowships I've applied for comes through. Fingers crossed.

****

It's after 6 a.m. and the kids are still asleep. Oh happy day! Mommy gets a little "me time."

Comments

Jessie Carty said…
I think you have some great plans to finish out 2010 :)

My only goal? Finish my to do list. It isn't too long but it has a lot of that boring stuff you never seem to get too...like booking airline tickets.
January said…
I can't wait to get started on my plans. I feel like they've been on hold for the past week.

And airline tickets are on my list, too.

Are you going to AWP DC?
Jim K. said…
No easy way out with snow.
A blower saves the back but it's
a slow crawl and a messy machine.
I've been using a snow scoop.
It takes a lot of practice to
avoid sore arms though.

Just looking to focus craft
this year, take some kind of
subtle step up. I have to drop some
low-yield messing I was doing. It
was fun, but not going anywhere.

Popular Posts