Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday Scribblings: Puzzled?

Puzzled? I don’t think so!

Best Actor: Forest Whitaker
Best Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy
Best Actress: Helen Mirren
Best Supporting Actor: Jennifer Hudson
Best Director: Martin Scorsese
Best Picture: The Departed

Any questions?

Puzzled? Visit Sunday Scribblings and put in your two cents!


paris parfait said...

I think you're right about best actor and actress, but not sure about the rest. And I hope Al Gore's and Davis Guggeinheim's An Inconvenient Truth wins for best documentary! Have fun watching - I only get to see it after the fact, as it's not shown live in France (other than on Canal Plus, a paid channel and we already pay for about 100 other channels).

January said...

Tara, I didn't mention it in my list, but I think An Inconvenient Truth is the only true "lock" for the Oscars.

Maybe you can find a simulcast of the Oscars on Maybe?

chiefbiscuit said...

Have fun watching - we get to see a little later too. I'm not up with the play to give any considered opinion - but we saw the Departed and it is a good film.

Regina Clare Jane said...

I am so not into the current movies these days- but I am right there with Tara and yourself on An Incovenient Truth!

Left-handed Trees... said...

I don't pay any attention to the Oscars at be honest, An Inconvenient Truth is the only Oscar-film I've seen this year. Now, I'll be wondering if you got them!

Brian said...

So how many did you get right? I didn't check the winners.

January said...

Brian, in this short list, I went 5 for 6. Didn't think Eddie Murphy could lose this award (I think the release of Norbit hurt his chances).

I'm in an Oscar pool with a few friends and we pick winners in all 24 categories. I came in third, which breaks my two-year win streak. What can I say, all of my focus has been on my poetry manuscript of late.

Hope you got to see a bit of last night's telecast!

gautami tripathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gautami tripathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gautami tripathy said...

Sigh. I rarely get to watch a good movie nowadays. I haven't kept track for sometime now.


Bug said...

You got a lot right!

Poet with a Day Job said...

Eddie Murphy got robbed!


Related Posts with Thumbnails