Bluer than Blue

I am one sad puppy. Father’s Day evening, we took the kids to the park for a picnic. And while putting the kids in the car, I left the camera on the top of the car and, well, you can guess the rest.

There was a point where we heard something fall off the car. I turned to my husband and said, “Did something fall of the car?” (Note to self: if you hear a noise that sounds like something fell off the car, stop and check!) Didn’t see anything in the rearview mirror so I thought I was safe. But alas, I can’t find the damn thing, and I have no one to blame but myself.

Like so many of us bloggers, my camera has become an appendage. It’s my third eye—I almost never leave home without it. This, along with my computer going down over the weekend, has thoroughly depressed me. If you could have seen me at 5:30 a.m. posting signs in the neighborhood about my camera … heck, if I had had my camera I would have taken a picture of me posting signs! Oh the irony.

So if no one calls or turns it in, I will have to purchase a new one this weekend. It’s just too bad that my Father’s Day pictures were on the memory card. Got some great shots with Tim and the kids on Sunday.

Damn.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh noooo! So sad, Jan. I hope some good samaritain returns it. : (
January said…
If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

*sigh*
Deirdre said…
Oh, that's so terrible. Maybe it will show up, some kind soul will find it for you.

I don't have my own digital camera yet and am hesitant to borrow my boyfriends because, um, I might lose it.
Deb R said…
Oh no, that's heartbreaking! The camera itself is just a thing - annoying to lose, but replaceable. But it's awful to lose the pics that were in it. Damn.

Popular Posts