I saw this meme on Deb's blog a while back and haven't had a chance to post it until now.
* Your most marked characteristic?
* The quality you most like in a man?
* The quality you most like in a woman?
* What do you most value in your friends?
A good sense of humor
* What is your principle defect?
The fear of failure
* What is your favorite occupation?
It’s not my current occupation, but I’ve always wanted to be a torch singer.
* What is your dream of happiness?
To know that my family and friends are healthy and happy. To publish books of poetry and that somehow bring people back to poetry. I’d also like to maintain a debt-free lifestyle and have a comfortable lifestyle.
* What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
Having no money
* What would you like to be?
I’d like to publish several successful books of poetry.
* In what country would you like to live?
There’s nowhere else I’d rather live than the USA
* What is your favorite color?
* What is your favorite flower?
* What is your favorite bird?
Really? Don’t have one.
* Who are your favorite prose writers?
Toni Morrison, David Sedaris
* Who are your favorite poets?
Phil Levine, Sharon Olds, Stephen Dunn, Kim Adonizio, Ann Sexton
* Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Holden Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye
* Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Celie from The Color Purple
* Who are your favorite composers?
Don’t have one.
* Who are your favorite painters?
Georgia O’Keefe, Edward Hopper
* Who are your heroes in real life?
My parents, my husband, and my aunt
* Who are your favorite heroines of history?
Harriet Quimby, Amelia Earhart, Jacqueline Cochran
* What are your favorite names?
Alex, Ella, Jessica, Benjamin
* What is it you most dislike?
People who choose not to use common sense
* What historical figures do you most despise?
I think you’d have to go with the real bad guys here: Hitler, Mussolini, etc.
* What event in military history do you most admire?
The March on Washington DC in the 1960s was a watershed moment in history.
* What reform do you most admire?
The Equal Rights Amendment comes to mind. .
* What natural gift would you most like to possess?
The ability to love unconditionally.
* How would you like to die?
* What is your present state of mind?
Happy, and thankful that the kids are sleepin
* To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
Food and laziness … I never seem to get enough of them
* What is your motto?
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson