Ooh!

A bit of encouraging news! A publisher has asked to see my poetry manuscript!!! I sent this publisher a few poems about two weeks ago, and I got the letter today. Admittedly, it's a form letter, but no publisher, journal, or review has ever asked to see my manuscript. I'm usually the one in hot pursuit. Heck, all of the form letters I get are rejections. It's nice to get an acceptance once in a while.

Guess I can equate this to making it past the qualifying rounds of American Idol, or Wimbledon, only much cooler! Don't want the jinx it by mentioning the publisher's name, but it's first name starts with a "G," ends with a "f."

And I thought today's high point was going to be this morning's dentist appointment!

*BIG SMILE*

Comments

paris parfait said…
Bravo, January! Very good - and encouraging - news!
Anonymous said…
YAY!!! Congrats!

It's only a matter of time before that contract shows up in the mail. Cheers to YOU this weekend!
January said…
Thanks ladies! One small step for me, one giant step for ... well ... ME!
Catherine said…
Congratulations! This presumably means they will read it properly, giving them a chance to recognise its quality :)
Anonymous said…
Oh, how exciting! Yay for you.
Deirdre said…
Oh, good!! This is very exciting.
This is great news! I can hardly wait to buy the book! And I will!
Kamsin said…
Fingers crossed for you Jan! Can't wait to see the final, published product!

Popular Posts