Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Confession Tuesday

And Happy New Year!

This photo is the cover of my new 2008 Engagement Calendar by Anne Taintor. Picked it up at my local B&N. It's full of subversive, snide little comments set against the backdrop of 1950s Leave-It-To-Beaver-type images. I've been waiting to use it for months.


The phrase in the picture describes how I feel today. Had a great time with the family at home last night with a New Years party that ended at 8:30 p.m. Today I get out the calendar only to find that my youngest used it as a coloring book. Damn. I resent that the kids think everything in the house is theirs. I know they're kids, and they're learning, but I really like having a few items in the house that are just for me.


Did manage to get to Starbucks this afternoon to make a poetry plan for the week. I also read through the latest issues of P&W and APR, as well as start a new poem.


While I love my job, I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow.


While I love my kids, I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow.


Those close to me tell me I'm fickle.


Hope you enjoyed the holiday. Looking forward to visiting many blogs during the week.


~ said...


First, caption to that picture is hilarious. And yes, I can relate to your post.

But you inspired me with your "
Did manage to get to Starbucks this afternoon to make a poetry plan for the week" - I just spent the afternoon putting away Christmas stuff and well, I'm ready for some me time.

Happy 2008 to you!

Deb R said...

Oh my, I would so love that calendar!!

I hope you have a wonderful new year, January!!

jillypoet said...

I want that calendar! I know the feeling of love the kids/hate the real world...love the real world/wouldn't mind being without the kids for a few hours... It's the guilt that gets me. Mommy guilt. No pill or tonic for that!

What's your poetry plan, I wonder? Great idea to have a plan. That, among other reasons, is why you are so successful! Rock on, sister!

wendy said...

I'm fickle too....Loved that line.

Hey BIG CONGRATs...I can't remember if I said that in the holiday haze....but just in case...

Whoo Who!

PDW said...

so glad you've adopted this practice. thanks for keeping it alive even when i took a rest in december.

and fickle. hmmm. me, too. but i didn't know it was a bad thing. :)

Kamsin said...

Happy New Year January! Isn't it a woman's prerogative to be fickle...and contrary!

January said...

Thanks Kamsin. Fickle and contrary--I've got those qualities in spades!

Happy New Year!


Related Posts with Thumbnails