Sunday Scribblings: The Date
When I think of what is happening in the world today, specifically what happened on this date, January 12, 2008, some of the news stories are simply inexplicable.
Was there any good news? If so, please tell me. These some of the headlines on CNN.com:
- Arrest warrant issued in death of pregnant Marine
- Body found of kid thrown off bridge
- Autopsy: Figure skating star's death a mystery
- Hiker's death casts light toward other cases
- Misbehaving kids dumped at fire station
- Father sought in girls' deaths
Again, where was all the good news today? Even my local news was plagued with stories of abuse, accidental deaths, child abuse, foreclosures, and immediate layoffs for teachers.
Please, share some good news from your corner of the world.