(A "masqued" Joseph Legaspi and me.)
- See that photo—that’s what really goes on at AWP!
- Y’know how sometimes I just don’t have anything to blog about? Well not today! I have so much content that it's bursting out of me! Good information and commentary from AWP. I've had to restrain myself from posting everything in one day! But I have posts lined up for the next week, so you'll just have to wait and see what's coming up next.
- While at AWP, I came up with some great ideas for a new poetry collection and a potential anthology project, and well as discovering new journals to submit send poems.
- Yesterday, I met with a friend to discuss cover options for my book. Selecting artwork is an involved process because it’s become more of a marketing tool. I want a cover that compelling and impactful. It is a process that we should take our time with, yet I’m anxious because it means the book is really happening. I keep thinking my publisher will realize they selected the wrong manuscript. Oh heck, I have a contract. I’ve got to get that song of self-doubt out of my head.
- A really scary and sad moment happened while at lunch with my friend. An elderly man collapsed in the campus center where we work. He wasn’t seated near us but we certainly heard the screams. In a sense, I think he was lucky that it happened in such a public place because the paramedics arrived quickly and others were able to help. Still, it was a truly upsetting moment; I don't know if this man lived or died. Hope he’s OK.
- It’s Super Duper Tuesday. If you live in a primary state, go out and vote because it matters. I’m voting for Hillary but will be happy if Obama eventually gets the democratic nomination.
- Focusing on Super Tuesday has kept me from reflecting on the Pats Super Bowl loss. I still don't want to talk about football, mainly because I'm a baseball fan. Talk to me about pitchers and catchers reporting for spring training in a few days. But no Pats talk, please.