1. This is my daughter, Ella, with a new haircut—courtesy of her brother, Alex. She looks a bit mangy now. He cut a big patch of hair from the front. *big sigh* Alex was very professional about the whole thing. He got a towel and wrapped it around her neck to catch the hair. And after he was found out by his dad, he was extremely sorry for what he had done.
2. I’m pissed that it happened while Tim was watching the kids, and I’m having a hard time shaking it off. But I know he feels awful about it.
3. I know. I know. It’s hair, it grows back. We’ll take her to get it cut in a day or so and it will be fine. Meanwhile, Ella doesn’t care about it. She just loves her brother, which is how it should be.
4. I’ll get a poem out of this. *another big sigh*
5. On a brighter note, Natasha Trethewey is reading at Babson tomorrow. And I’ll have a little time to speak with her one-on-one. How cool is that?
6. I turn 39 on Thursday.